Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Running again



If you've read this blog, dear readers, you know that I enjoy running. It's been two and half months* since I last ran.
I realized something today. What I had been running from is no longer there.
You see, I went running today. 
It felt great to get out and do some light jogging. I felt wonderful physically. The doctor considers  9 weeks to be sufficient recovery time for swimming, so I figure that running is ok too.
Just some light jogging is what I did.. I was so good emotionally to get out and stretch my legs.
I realized something.
I'm not running from anything anymore. I don't know how many miles I've ran trying to get a grip on my gender dysphoria.

It's not there. I realized after a few minutes that this was the first time in my life that being trans was not at the forefront of my mind when running.
Over how many miles have I struggled with this? countless
How much time was spent? countless


*This was written about 3 months ago. I'm just now getting this out of draft and cleaning it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment