Friday, January 14, 2011

New Hues

 My doctor had pointed something out on one of my first visits that was very interesting. It had to do with a difference that I noticed between my wife and I. I had said that my wife has always seen issues in black and white. There is no grey in her world. Whereas, my world has many hues.
He acknowledged that this is probably because I needed these hues to balance the different worlds that Caroline and Rob are living in.
I think that he hit the nail on the head. I can see two sides to every story. I've never been good at diciplining our kids, for instance. I can catch them red-handed and let them slip away with a good story. Then I wonder why people can't see the not so obvious side to one of my opinions.
It's frustrating. Like the blind man who is told that the meaning of life lies in the colors of a multi-hued flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment