Monday, August 8, 2011

Co-Morbidity

Everybody knows that the internet is a huge time-sink. I'm guilty of "Wasting time" on the internet, sure. But for me, it's really just research, honest! If I cared enough to learn more about psychotherapy, I might be able to give a medical name to this behavior.
I do believe that this is the only co-morbidity (fancy psycho mumble jumble word) I have. (Maybe I just denied and confirmed/named it after all, but nevermind)
That great bastion of inerrant knowledge, Wikipedia describes Co-morbidity as: to indicate a medical condition in a patient that causes, is caused by, or is otherwise related to another condition in the same patient.
So there you have it, my drive for more knowledge on the cause and effects of me being Trans, can be blamed on my wasting time on the internet.
I'm not here to debate the merits of my internet use, I'm here to ridicule somebody else's. That, and their co-morbidity of not getting out of the house more often.
Let me describe:
I saw a movie while defending our country this weekend (I was at drill), and watched "Limitless". I enjoyed it. It made you think, no pun intended. Could this pill change my life? Sure. Are there risks? Maybe; ending up dead is at the top, and How does the movie speak to me?
All of these things I pondered.
What I didn't think about was this, when I checked the movie out on IMBD: IMDB link to goofs in the movie . I'll quote that goof below:

  • Factual errors: Eddie showed, in his hand, 3 keys. Two of which were Schlage and the other was unrecognizable. But none of those keys would have opened his apartment door, which he did some minutes later.
    You can't be serious. There is actually an internet user out there that:





  •  Has enough knowledge about locks and keys to pick out something like this that quickly. and





  • Enough time and motivation to post this to the internet




  • This post however, puts me into a precarious position regarding my supposed lack or quantity of co-morbidities.
    That position and how I got there I will not discuss. Now go away and let me get back to looking at movie errors or the weather or read Fark.com or look for widgets at searchtempest.com on the internet.
    Take Care,
    Caroline

    No comments:

    Post a Comment