Friday, April 17, 2015

The side of the road

I'm always amazed at the people who have break-downs along the interstate here in south Louisiana.
I've seen a lot of people on the interstate standing outside and typically on the grassy shoulder near their car, but far enough away to get a good look at it when it gets totaled by a texting driver.
Here's the crazy part. They're looking the wrong way. Death isn't going to come from the road, it's going to come from the swamp they've got their back to.
They've got their backs to a swamp full of alligators (and nasty snakes) looking for lunch( I've seen alligators on the side of the I-10 before).
Uh-uh. Not me.
I'm either going to be facing the swamp or in my car where I've got a steel roll cage to protect me.

1 comment:

  1. Or get your car serviced regularly and don't break down :)

    Hope you are doing ok

    ReplyDelete