Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Far Side, but near, very near..

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees and then other times, you can't figure out why there is a mountain goat in the clouds. These pilots they won't have to wonder long.
i51.tinypic.com

Like Ron White says, "If I crash, it had better kill me, I don't want to limp away...." Sometimes I feel that way about riding my bike. If you have a motorcycle wreck and live, you might wish you didn't. Especially if you don't wear your gear.
I do.
The gear you see in the picture below isn't the only gear I wear. There's more. Gloves, textile jacket, leather pants, boots. Try wearing that when it's 95 degrees and 95% humidity. I have. Sure beats road rash any day, though
My bike; the one I won't limp away from...
This post didn't start out as a morbid look at death or accidents, it just kinda morphed along the way.  I think that if you can't read Calvin and Hobbes; The Far Side is an excellent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment