Tuesday, February 15, 2011

These tired bones

Well, the marathon is over. I almost won.....if it wouldn't have been for ALL the people in front of me, that is. Actually, the good news is that I wasn't last. My time was awful, in my opinion. I mean, after all the training I put in over these last 4 1/2 months, I expected a better finish than my last marathon try. Certainly not an hour over my target time and a half hour over my previous marathon.
In my recent posts regarding transition, hormones and performance, I posted that performance can decrease up to 20%. I don't know where this figure is from, I've tried to find it online, but I can't. You'll just have to take my word for it. My decrease, in percentages is 11% from my last marathon which is a whole year before hormone therapy. So I guess I can take solice that my time wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Go to my Fbook page to see a pic of the bib and medal, while I go and soak these bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment